By Audrianna Hargitt
Sports Information Assistant
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, Ga. – The Huntingdon women's tennis team beat Covenant College 6-3 on Friday as head coach Ximena Moore reached a milestone win.
The victory was Moore's 200th as the Lady Hawks' head coach. In her 16th season as head coach, Moore is the program's all-time winningest coach, has a career record of 200-95 and has put together 14 straight winning seasons.
In Friday's win, Huntingdon had to rally from an early deficit. Covenant led 3-1 after doubles and the first singles match. The Lady Hawks won four of the remaining five singles matches in straight sets.
Clayton Waring's 6-1, 6-1 win at No. 6 singles and Caroline McBroom's 6-4, 6-3 win at No. 5 singles tied the match 3-3. Josie Waddell's 6-4, 6-2 win at No. 2 singles gave Huntingdon the lead before Heather Tabor and Zoya Robinson won the final two matches.
Tabor won 6-2, 6-4 at No. 4 singles and Robinson won 4-6, 6-4, 10-6 at No. 3 singles.
The No. 3 team of Waring and Kacy Howard won 8-3 in doubles.
Records: Huntingdon (14-1, 6-0 USA South; Covenant (7-7, 2-2 USA South)
Coming Up: Huntingdon plays at Brevard College on Saturday.
1. Aly Hall (CC) def. Kacy Howard (HC) 6-0, 6-0
2. Josie Waddell (HC) def. Annie DeLuca (CC) 6-4, 6-2
3. Zoya Robinson (HC) def. Esther Eddy (CC) 4-6, 6-4, 10-6
4. Heather Tabor (HC) def. Jennie Spielman (CC) 6-2, 6-4
5. Caroline McBroom (HC) def. Morgan McCain (CC) 6-4, 6-3
6. Clayton Waring (HC) def. Mackenzie Jones (CC) 6-1, 6-1